I woke up at 7:30 AM, I am usually up before 6 AM. Again a very hot day. After breakfast, I asked husband to fix the kitchen faucet. The spray handle had broken and very little water came out the faucet.
He left to the store, and came back with a replacement. After a few hours we had a new faucet, now the spray hose is attached to the faucet. And I even have a dish soap dispenser.
In the afternoon, I started a sewing project. Remember that daughter wants a dress for her baby Jesus. I had a pattern of a dress, and began cutting the fabric and putting the pieces together. When the dress was done, I tried it on the baby and it was too small.
So I had to enlarge the pattern, cut the pieces and sew them together, again. This time it took a little longer, because I was having problems with the sewing machine. The thread kept unthreading, and the machine jammed twice. Finally I finished the dress. And this time it was perfect.
It is a tradition in Catholic Latin American homes to have an image of the child Jesus.
On Christmas day the child Jesus figurine is laid on hay or a pillow near the nativity set or near the tree. On February 2nd, the day of the Presentation of the Lord. The child Jesus is presented at church for a blessing. The godparents or sponsors, give the child Jesus a dress.
The child Jesus is then sat on a chair and remains there until Christmas Day. Many families change the outfits of the child Jesus during the year. Some families dress the child Jesus as their patron saint. Or they even dress him up with their favorite sport theme jersey. My family never participated in this tradition. This is the first year my family participates in this tradition. The child Jesus that is always on display in my home, has a dress similar to the Child of Atocha. My grandmother was very devoted to the Child of Atocha. In memory of my grandmother, I adopted her devotion, and now I have several images of the Child of Atocha in my home. We have visited the shrine in Mexico, several times. And that's were I bought my child Jesus.
Here is the picture of my prayer corner. It is in a corner of the living room. My favorite image of Christ is the Sacred Heart. My sister gave me the icon of Our lady of the rosary. I just recently purchased: St. Jude, St. Anthony, and St. Martin of Porres. The rosary on the wall, was a gift from my sister. I also have a bible opened to psalm 23. And the icon of the holy family.

MyHotComments
No comments:
Post a Comment