Monday, August 17, 2009

Menu Monday & Home Blessings


First of all I want to thank all the readers following this blog. I want to also thank those of you that have left comments. I was so... happy when I first saw my first comment. I have been writing post for a few weeks now and just this weekend I began receiving comments. Thank you.


Today is Monday, and at the moment, everything is peace and quiet at my home. That is because kids are still sleeping. They had a fun weekend. Saturday we attended their cousin's birthday party and they jumped all afternoon on the jumper. Yesterday, we invited my in-laws over for dinner, and the kids played outside until it got dark, and our guest went home. So they are probably tired. They still have two more weeks of vacations to go. So I let them sleep a little more.


Every Monday, I take out my menu planner and make a list of what I need to purchase from the grocery store. I write or new menu for the week on a chart of a weekly planner. I list breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I placed a clear plastic on top to write on it with dry erase markers. This way I save paper.
Menu For Week 3
Monday- breakfast: Eggs your style, Lunch: kid cuisine, dinner: pork enchiladas
Tuesday- (b): sausage patty on bagel, (L)Mac-n-cheese homemade, (d) Beef fajitas
Wednesday- (b) Toaster Struddel, (L) Bean burrito, (d) Mexican Stir Fry
Thursday- (b) tortilla scrambled eggs, (L) soup, (d) Lasagna
Friday- (b) blue berry muffins and milkshake, (L) white rice, chili,hotdogs, (d) @ Tacos place
Saturday-(b) Bacon and Fries. Lunch and dinner party menu ?


Also on monday, I have my weekly home blessing. Which is dusting furniture, vacuum carpets, take out all garbage outside for weekly pick-up, clean out the fridge, and sweep the front stairs. Oh, and I change the bedsheets.


Tomorrow is husband's birthday. Yesterday, was my son's birthday. So on Saturday, we will have a small party and invite my family and his family. So this means I need to keep this house as much as neat as possible. I have two rooms that need to be done this week. Daughter's room and son's room. I started daughter's room on Friday. We moved bed, desk, and window seat to vacuum well and remove all dust and spider webs. We went through her school papers from last year and tossed out anything that was not useful. She has her own hanging files drawer. We still have some more sorting to do with small toys and hair accesories. I will post pictures later.


Son's room, is easier to clean and organize. But I want son to take responsibility and keep it clean. He takes out all this toys and leaves them out. He changes clothes and leaves them on the floor. When we tell him to pick up his belonging from the living room and take to his room, he just take them and drops them in his room. In just a few hours that room is a mess. Then I remind him to clean up his room, his answer is, " But it will take me a long time to do!" He makes the mess, he needs to clean it up. Why can't kids just put thing back were they belong, and avoid a messy room? I am trying my best to teach them good habits at a young age, so that it will spare them problems when they are older. Hopefully, they will grow out of this messy ways.


I hear noises, the sleepy ones are beginning to wake up. Next thing I will hear is,"What's for breakfast Mom?", " I am hungry."
Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment