
This is my kitchen, I took this picture a few months ago. At that moment it was clean. Not perfect, but clean. I have made some changes in the kitchen since that picture was taken. The dish basket is now in between the stove and the sink. I still use that corner for overflow of dishes or big pots.
I don't have a dish washer. I did not want one. What?! Yes, I enjoy washing dishes by hand. And if I do my routines morning and night, the dishes are done in less than 10 minutes.
On top of the microwave I have a slow cooker that I have not used since I bought it eight months ago. I am looking for a good recipe to make on it. Any suggestions. Did I mention I have picky eaters.
The tablecloth is gone, somewhere in garbageland. I no longer have a tablecloth on the table because my kids are always spilling something. I need to get a clear plastic but have not had the time to go buy one.
The counters are always covered with all sorts of stuff. Right now, there is stuff from the kids club. The dishes have not been washed yet. I will get to them as soon as I finish this post. The floor was moped yesterday. I have to mop often because kids tend to spill juice and I hate sticky floors. But if no spill occur, the floor gets moped only twice a week.
The window treatments have been replaced too. I will post the after picture later. What I really wanted to write today about was about perfectionism. How we sometimes want things to be perfect and we can never accomplish. Lets be realistic. We live in the real world not a fairy tale. Get over perfectionism, just do the best you can and be happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment