About three months ago my sister told me about this Girls club similar to the Girl scouts but geared toward teaching young girls more about the Catholic Faith by learning about the Saints. I became interested and began searching more information. My sister started ger own group where she lives. Because she lives an hour away, it not possible for me to take my daughter to the meetings. So we decided to start our own group here in my town. My daughter invited some friends from school. I made a letter to give more information to the girls mothers. Only one mother was interested but will be out of town for a couple of weeks. So I told my sisters-in-law, they have younger girls but I think it is something good for them to do while on summer vacation. I had good response from them. So we started with just three in attendance and now I have six girls attending including my daughter.
There are many more groups all over the world, you can get more information on the
Little Flowers Girls' Club by going to their website or blog. There is also a yahoo group for Leaders.
I will be posting more on the club here in this blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment