This is our last week of summer vacations. My children go back to school, and it starts again. The carpooling, the volunteering, the meetings and so forth. I am not happy that summer is over. I am happy that children will go back to school to get education. But not because they will be off my back while they are at school. Like you have seen those back to school commercials advertise. I wish I had the patience and talent to homeschool my children, but I rather have someone who is trained and educated for teaching do the job. Plus my children get to socialize with other children. And since I am part of the Parent and Teachers Organization, they see me often at school. The kids already know me and they always greet me like hi Mrs.( last-name) or hi (daughter name) Mom. (laughing)
This year we have new board member on the PTO. I am the Spanish /Bilingual Parents Liaison. I have good communication with the school' Principal. I always tell all the Hispanic parents that is important for us to participate in all the school events as much as possible. Our children benefit from our participation at school. Volunteering hours are turn into funds for the school. I just found out about this during our firts PTO Board meeting. I am to keep a log of the hours I spent at school as a volunteer or at meetings. This hours are then submitted to the Education Fund department and somehow the schools in the district, get awarded money for their supplies . Amazing!
I am also a member of escrip. It is a program that helps schools with donations. Everytime I shop at my local grocery store 10% of my purshase goes to my children's school. So, I am not just leaving my kids at school, and letting them do their job on their own. I am making sure that the school has the necessary funds to give my children the best education.
For their Faith Formation, I have enrolled them in our Parish's Faith Formation Program. Plus this year, I plan to do some Faith Formation at home, continuing with the kids clubs on weekends, once or twice a month. I have learned great ideas from Jessica @ shower of roses. Jessica homeschools her children. I will purchase some of the books and materials she uses to teach my children about our Catholic Faith.
My immediate Goals for this week are:
1. Get this house clean. Over the weekend we had Son's birthday Party. The floor in the kitchen is dirty and sticky, someone spilled soda (probably).
2. go over menu for this week, and make grocery list.
3. Put away all the stuff used for the party( decorations, party ware, salad bowls, buffets, etc.)
4.Balance checkbook. Make sure I have available funds for automatic loan payments.
5.Attend first Catechist meeting.
6. Not forget Sister's birthday on Friday.
7. Get the kids stuff ready for their first day of school, and make schultutes
Quite a lot to do. I hope you have a blessed week. I know most of you already started school.
May the Lord Jesus, bless your home in many ways, Amen.
Rosario, I am NOT trying to convince you to homeschool, but I'd say your level of commitment at your kids' school shows that you do have the patience and energy to homeschool if you were called to it! :D
ReplyDeleteWe haven't started back to school yet, either. It'll be another week or two before we do. After all of the socializing with other kids at the theater for weeks on end, we all, kids and mom alike, need a little vacation before we jump back into homeschooling!
God bless you!