I am a procrastinator. I admit I am. I know I have to do things and I just forget or just do not feel like doing anything. Lately I have been spending my time searching for craft ideas and preparing for the kids weekly meeting. I also started purging those paper files. Yes there are in a way important, but other things have been neglected. Like, the weekly zones. Moping the floor, shining the sink every nite, and the hot spots ( those areas that tend to attract clutter or are dumping grounds for all sorts of things). So on Wednesdays, I usually do something that I have added to the procrastinating list.
Today, I want to do some cleaning in the kitchen, mop the floors, and start the laundry. Thursdays was my usual laundry day, but since I moved the kids meeting to Thursday this week, I had to move the laundry day one day ahead too.
So, I making this post short and getting to work. Before I end, let me explain the weekly zones. Every week, I do detail cleaning in a certain area of the home. This weeks zone is the kitchen. From Monday to Friday, I have a task to do in that area or zone. This makes it easier for you, when you have other things to do. First week of the month is the front entrance and living room, second week the kitchen, third week the bathroom and another room like the office or laundry room, fourth week the master bedroom, and if we get that extra week the family room or dinning room. I do not have a dinning room or family room, so I do the attic rooms on the last week of the month.
Last month, I did not do my zones. My house is not messy because I do a little each day in each area. The detail cleaning in the zones is so that you get to those areas you tend to overlook on a daily basis. So enough explaining, I need to get to work. You can find out more about the zones at the Flylady website.
No comments:
Post a Comment