Worship Music
"Bless the Lord, my soul; all my being, bless His holy name!"
Psalm 103:1
Listening to worship music helps me to get closer to God's presence. God loves to hear us sing to him. Even if we do not know how to sing, to Him is the most perfect sound, because it comes from your heart. With great devotion and admiration for Him, our creator!
We were made to worship him. Do you know that in heaven that is what we will do daily.
When I was attending a Christian Church, I will be there on time because I did not want to miss the worship time. I will sing as loud as I wanted, cry out to God, and no one will care because they will be doing the same. All my worries went away at that time. It was my time to show God my love and devotion to him and him only. The best time of worship was that you were all united in worship to God.
"Give to the Lord the glory due his name!
Bring gifts, and enter his presence
worship the Lord in holy attire."
1 Chronicles16:29
Come to him as you are, you need not be perfect. He is waiting for you with open arms. He embraces us with his arms, and fills us with his love.
At home, I will turn up my music player and even danced. Like David danced. I could also do this at Church but It was a little harder because there is not much room within the pews. All I could do was spin around. To some of you this might sound foolish. But to the eyes of God is not.
Now that I am back to the Catholic Faith, I miss the worship time. We sing songs during Mass but it is not the same. As much as I try to come into God's presence, it is difficult. I try to close my eyes and pray, but I am concern people will think I am falling asleep.
So now I worship at home. My radio channels are always set to Christian music stations. While driving to the store, I sing songs to God. It helps me to keep stress free. It also helps me to keep focused on the road and not on the problems. My kids enjoy the music too. My son's favorite song is You Never let Go by Matt Redman. He will sing it as loud as he could. Everytime he heard it on the radio, he will tell me to turn the volume up. Sometimes, husband will change the station and son will say, "Mom, I want to listen to Jesus' songs."
Singing worship songs to God is like praying too. It takes you to a higher place in his presence. Then you are filled with the Spirit of God, you are now ready to ask you petitions and intercede for other. Just like while you exercise, you firts warm-up before you start to work up those muscles.
I invite you to spend time listening to worship songs, close your eyes and listen to the words. Sing to God from within your heart, and see how wonderful it feels to be in the presence of the holy one.

Every Wednesday, we Walk with Him, posting a spiritual practice that draws us nearer to His heart.
"Singing is praying too..."
ReplyDeleteOh, yes!
Your words make my heart sing...
Thank you.... Can I join you on the chorus?
All's grace,
Ann
Hello sis...I love worship music too! Praising my heavenly Father fills a longing deep within like nothing else can do!
ReplyDeleteRosario
ReplyDeletetonight i pray that you will receive a powerfully sweet visitation from the Lord.
your heart is so tender towards Him ... a tenderness you have garnered from spending the time you have at His feet ... receiving His Words to you.
what a blessing i received from you during my time here ... thank you!
laure
www.ahselah.blogspot.com
I love using "praise and worship" music in my own prayer time, too.
ReplyDeleteAs wonderful as that is, the Mass is the ultimate form of worship. It is the heavenly worship on earth; the place and time where the veil is the thinnest. (read the book of Revelation and/or Scott Hahn's "The Lamb's Supper") The Mass is the worship that God himself designs and demands and where He comes, Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity.
The most beautiful part of the Mass is that it absolutely does not rely on my emotions/feelings. I can feel terrible, down and depressed or wonderful, joyful and happy or anywhere in between and the grace I receive, the worship I give is the same. The Mass remains the ultimate form worship whether I feel it or not.
Go ahead and close your eyes. Enter fully into the mystery of the Mass. If anyone bothers to think you're asleep, well, they're missing the glory of the Mass themselves. I wouldn't let that bother me.
I love your blog...Love the post.
ReplyDeleteI had a few hours to blog hop tonight and enjoyed yours. Hope you will stop by and visit my new Christmas blog. There is a great giveaway this week. http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com