Sunday, August 1, 2010

August Feast Table


I started simple.

August is dedicated to the Imaculatte Heart of Mary. 
Since I do not have an image of the Imaculate Heart of Mary,
I decided to use this icon of Mary's Asumption.

Its also a Solemnity celebrated this month.
On August 15.

It is a special day for us, because my daughter was baptized on August 15.

I plan to do a special celebration this year.
We have never celebrated our baptisms anniversaries.

It should be a special day, because its the day we are received into the church.

The Cathecism of the Catholic Church states:


1213 Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit (vitae spiritualis ianua),4 and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: "Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water in the word."5

This month includes the feasts days of other Saints.  I will be reading their short biographies to my children.  And my children will be coloring pages of these Saints.

St. John Vianney, St. Monica, St. Augustisne of Hippo, St. Clare, and St. Rose of Lima.

At Church we will have a special celebration on August 6, the transfiguration of Jesus.  Salvadoreanians, celebrate their patron the Divine Savior of the World.  It is an image of Jesus' Transfiguration. 

I had this small image at home for a week.

Here is the final picture of the August feast table.



I added Father Wood.
A picture of St. Alphonsus Liguori, feast day, Augut 1st.


A small prayer card of the Imaculatte Heart of Mary.

And a book that tells the story of Mary.

The image of Jesus, "The Shepperd", is one of my favorite.

The Lord is my shepperd,
I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down
 in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
Your prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You annoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the lord
Forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment