Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Devotions to the Child Jesus

I have told you in previous posts about my maternal grandmother's devotion to the Child of Atocha.

For many years, Catholics have had special devotion to the Divine Child Jesus and they honor their holy infancy, considering this age of Jesus, like a wonder of inocence and kindness. ( translated from a Spanish prayer book to the Child Jesus)

Many of the well known Saints had special devotions to Jesus as a child.  You will notice many of the icons of Saints holding a child in their arms.

There are many images of the Child Jesus and they all have different titles.  But we all know they all represent Jesus, as a child.  The same way, they are many different represantations of the Virgin Mary.

Yesterday, as I was watching EWTN in Spanish.   I have Comcast cable, and I receive both the Spanish and English channels of EWTN.   In the Spanish channel, there was a program or documentary of a particular icon called, The Holy Infant of Good Health.

This devotion to this child began in Morelia, Michoacan, Mexico.  A young girl received this small statue of the child Jesus as a gift for her first communion.  Immediately there was a miracle in her home.  Her sister was healed of a tumor.  You can read more of the story here.


In the special program on EWTN, many of the now Sisters, Missionaries of the Holy Infant of Good Health, were interviewed.  Each spoke of how they were called to their vocation.  The Superior Mother of the Missionaries, shared her miracle, received from the Infant Jesus of Good Health.

I believe there is an interview of this sister on youtube.  I came across it while searching for more information on this devotion. 

I share with you this devotions, because I want you to see the different ways God speaks through us using this devotions.  He is calling us to be people of  prayer.  He desires to heal us from our depressions and ailments.   And he does this in very unique ways.

I believe, God still heals.  Prayer is powerful.  Faith in Him, can do wonderful things in our life.  He uses the testimony of his faithful children to gives us hope.

One person that inpires me through her testimony is Heather, I recommend you  to read her posts.

Prayer to the Holy Child of Good Health

Little Child Jesus of Good Health, my only Treasure! In You alone do I find the consolation I need in the trials and tribulations which beset me. By the sorrow suffered by Your most holy Mother in the prophecy of holy Simeon, I beseech You, sweet Child, to pour on my disconsolate spirit the sweetness of Your divine consolations, and to heal the sorrows which afflict my soul. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment