Friday, August 20, 2010

Your Prayers are Welcome

I was trying not to worry about this yet, but today, I got a called from the Red Cross. 

My daughter will be having surgery on September 15, for  spine correction.  Her diagnosis is Scoliosis.

Her pre-surgery appointments are on August 24th. and September 1st.

The person from Red Cross wanted to know if my daughter was going to donate blood for herself or the family.  This call got me very confused.  Of course an 11 year old, who is very thin, is not suitable for donating  blood.  So family must be available to donate the blood in case, daughter might have need for it during her surgery.

"Alert! Wake Up!"  Somehow, I was back to reality that this day is soon approching.  I have a party tomorrow for my Son, and I want this to be a fun day for him.  I sure do not want to be stressed and this call, got me very emotional.   I needed to run to the only place I could find peace and comfort. 

Took my kids to church for 12 noon Mass, and noticed the parking lot full and two white funeral cars in front of the church.  I was not dressed appropiately to attend a funeral.  I left the church, feeling very sad and depressed.

I then drove to a near by store and called my sister.  That's when, I could not control my emotions.  I told her I was sad, and began sobbing.  "What wrong sister?", she asked.   I told her what had happened and she comforted me.  "Its ok, God will work out things.  You have lots of family and we are all here to help you."

Her words made me feel much better.  And I know that I can always go to church tomorrow or on Sunday.  I do need the spiritual advice of my pastor.  And Jesus' presence in the Eucharist is also very healing for me.

I thank you for your friendship and encouraging comments you leave on my blog often.  I know that I can count with your prayers.   I sure need them today.  And in the following weeks, and months. 

To end this post, I will like to share some pictures of the finished attic.  I think for now is presentable.  I could finish off the rest, in the days to come.    I will be getting rid of four bags of clothes. a box of toys and other things.   My school room is ready.  And my sewing area too.





Blessings,
Rosario

2 comments:

  1. Oh {{{hugs}}} and prayers, friend. I understand your fears a little, with TheMadHatter also having scoliosis (though we're not where you are, at least not today). You know how I fretted when she was first diagnosed.

    I know it is a very difficult time for you and for your daughter (heck, your whole family) but keep trusting, keep praying and offer up all of your fears and sorrows and sufferings.

    love to you, my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Rosario,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you but most importantly Jesus' is interceding for you and Marah at this very moment.

    We have a store here in Arkansas, Mardel's (a Christian bookstore)--They have communion packaged in individual packages. In the past I have bought a box and taken communion here at my home alone or sometimes with a best friend or someone in need.

    While a pastor is great and we do need them, there are times that I really love to do this alone, by myself--Jesus is our mediator to the Father and He is always with me, serving up the bread and wine in the form of Himself, a gift that is too precious not to remember.

    Yes, you have friends and family who will be there for you and Marah. God has this under control but it is still not hard to worry or be emotional as a mother. But God will provide you with all the grace you need to handle the situation at such the moment you need it.

    Loving you,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete