Monday, August 23, 2010

My Husband

Remember that I had told you, I will be posting on a different topic each day.  Well today, I want to share this post at




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I came to know about this from Courtney at Women Living Well.  Today Courtney shared a post regarding, Waiting for your Husband to Change.

I have been waiting also.  My husband is a good husband, hard working person.  But he does not have a relationship with God.  At least not like I do.  He says he believes in God and that he prays to him.  But he does not like going to church every Sunday.  He hates it that I listen to Christian music.  Or that I spend time at church activities instead of with him. 

See, when I am home, he is not here.  He goes over to his sister's house and comes home until very late or he is outside with his brothers talking all evening and he comes in just to go to sleep.  He is very reserved with his problems.  The only time we communicate with each other is to argue about some minor detail that I forgot to do.

I have tried to be that Proverbs 31 wife.  I have tried my best to make this marriage stand strong.  I have put in all the effort.  But I know that if I tell him things it will just make things worst.  I have not given up.  I keep praying for my husband daily. 

I ask God to give him that same passion for Jesus.  I desire for him to know and experience that love that only God can provide.

Over the weekend we had a birthday party for our son.  Lots of family from both sides came.  Most of my family knows about my daughter's upcoming surgery, and they were asking him about it.  I was amazed to know that he was thinking that the surgery was until next year.

Since he never comes to the appointments with us, he does not know all the details. The last time he came, to one of the visits, the Doctor mentioned that it will probably be until next year.  If we did not wanted daughter to miss school.  But he said that the sooner the better. 

To be honest, I can't remember if I did tell him about the set date.  But perhaps he was thinking it will be next year because of what the doctor said. 

 Last night, I made it clear to him.  Our daughter will have surgery on September 15 of this year.  We have pre-surgery appointments before that day, and we will get all the information needed on those appointments.  I had not mentioned to much about the surgery because, I did not want to be  anxious about it.  I do not want to make this hard for our daughter, knowing we are all stressed and worried. 

Yes, we do have concern, but I am putting all my trust in God.  I believe, that He will keep his promises.  I thank God for my family that have  great faith in God and are praying daily for daughter.  I thank God for friends that are praying too.  I have  people offering to come and be with us on the surgery day, for support.  

Husband and I have been through rough times over the 13 years, we have been married.  I have had two confirmed miscarriages.  My husband confessed to me that he had a daughter in Mexico, when we were already married for four years.  I forgave him, accepted his daughter into our family.  Then our daughter's diagnosis with scoliosis. 

It has been difficult  for me because, of our differences in beliefs.  And his reservation of his feelings.  One thing that worked for us, to give us a little more strenght in our marriage was a marriage retreat we attended in November of 2007. 

We joined other couples for an amazing weekend.  We learn that communications was an indispensable tool for a marriage.  We learned to communicate in writing letters to each other.  We wrote in a journal and shared with each other our wants, feelings, and what we disliked about each other.  We had to follow some guidelines in order to not accuse each other of things but lovingly share with each other our feelings.

After the marriage encounter weekend, we were to meet with other couples for a support group.  Husband did not want to continue. I know that this will had made a big difference.  We need to socialize with people who share our own faith and beliefs. 

I keep praying.  Keep believing that one day, Husband will have the desire to come to church with us every Sunday.  And that he will enjoy hearing Christian music.  That he will enjoy socializing with church friends. That is my dream.

3 comments:

  1. Your faithfulness is amazing. Keep praying, friend. God works wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sister I admired your faith and the strength, As I was reading your blog I broke down but I have faith in God and I ask the intersection of St. Rita for Chendo I believe your in his life so that he cant accept Gods promises of Internal life in heaven So don’t you give up, About Marita definitely count me in prayers and I will definitely be there that day for support we should start a fasting chain What do you think? I LOVE YOU!! MY WINGS BENEATH MY WINGS!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosario, I know that because God's Word is true and His grace is sufficient for us, He can use your acts of love and kindness to your husband to reach him. God doesn't want your marriage to be cold either; it's hard to remember that God wants the best for our husbands even more than we do.
    Keep asking God to show you ways to show your husband your love for him in ways he understands, and ask God to show you how you may need to change to be the wife your husband needs. I will remember to pray for your husband, too, and I will pray for God to provide all the comfort and encouragement and confidence you need through His Spirit.

    As hard as it may seem, I pray God will show you one thing each day this week that you can speak well of about your husband. Perhaps the Lord will give you His eyes to see as He sees.

    Praying peace for you today,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete