Monday, August 9, 2010

Daily Routines

I am trying to get back to my regular schedule and follow it without getting distracted by computer.  Lets see how long I am able to do this. 

Today was my first day.  I did good.  Did mostly everything.  The bad part was my mood.  I was a little too grouchy on the kids.  I think its my lack of sleep during the night.

I know that once I make up my mind to start doing something positive in my life.  There is always something trying to steal my peace.  So, I am going to stay alert and watch out for this  peace stealers and put a stop to them before they make me blow up.

This morning, after I had my quiet time in the Word of God.  And had some breakfast.  I told the kids we are going to play a game.

Let's clean your rooms and take time of  how long it takes you.  My darling son did not like that game.  Ok, lets see how much you can do in two minutes, I will give you a quarter if you finish before the timer.

Daughter did pretty well.  I told her what to do and she had to beat the timer.  I gave her one minute per task.   She was in a much better attitude than her brother.  She did all her tasks in under 10 minutes. After we did that, I got back on my chores for today. 

At 11 AM, we left grocery shopping.  We only had a few items to buy, but took longer than expected because we browsed through the magazine aisle.

Got back home by lunch time.   The kids had lunch and so did I.  Then I started preparing dinner for tonight.  I did some cleaning in the kitchen.   This week, I will be detail cleaning in the kitchen.  Organizing drawers and the lower cabinets in the kitchen, mostly pots, pans, and plastic ware.

Today, I only cleaned the counters and the stove oven.  Then I washed all the dirty dishes.  I did some laundry in between tasks.

I finished all my chores for today, at 3:00 PM.  I reloaded the washer just before I sat down at the computer.  I have a rule, that if clean, dry clothes are not folded and put away, I do not reload the washer.  That is just, so that I do not end up with piles of clean clothes.


I feel much better now, knowing most of my work is done and dinner is ready.  This way, I am not rushing to do things at the last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment