Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Strenghten in Prayer

I am sure you are waiting to read,  all about our appointment yesterday.

Daily in the mornings, I start with Liturgy of the Hours, then I read the scriptures for the day.  I write in my journal what I sense God speaking to my heart.

I read in Psalm 145, " The Lord is  trust worthy in every word, and faithful in every work. You, Lord are near to all who call upon you, to all who call upon you in truth."

Yesterday, I kept repeating to myself that I will be getting a good report.   Sunday Morning, at Mass the priest shared a song with the congregation.  The song is in Spanish, the first verse says, " I believe in the promises of God."

I felt confident that God will suddenly make a move and my daughter will be healed. 

We left to Hospital a little after 8:30 AM.  I first dropped off son at sister-in-law's house.  While driving to hospital, on the radio there was a song that said, "if I ever needed you, Lord is now, Lord is now."  I prayed to God to help me this day.  We got to hospital  and parked about two blocks away from the Main building.  While walking toward the Main building, I saw my aunt Mary walking on the opposite sidewalk.

I call this a God-coincidence.  She also had an appointment for a test.  We talked for a while than she left to her car and my daughter and I walked to the x-ray department.   It was good seeing my aunt Mary.  It gave me more confidence and I felt like God was giving me a sign of HOPE. 

I had called pastor from church in the morning to pray for Marah, but he said he was heading to a funeral, but will be keeping Marah in prayer.

While in the x-ray department or waiting time was very short.  Since they had to make about six images of her chest and back they gave us a priority.  Her appointment was scheduled for 11:00 AM.  They began taking the first images at 9:55 AM.  All this time I was near by reading from Stormie Omartian's book, The Power of the Praying Parent.

Before I forget,  Marah  was also  praying all morning too.  She asked me where she could find the scripture where Mary responds to the Angel,when he announced her she was going to be the mother of the Savior.

We call this prayer the Magnificat.

After the images where done.  We went back to car to add money to the meter.  While walking to the car, we saw aunt Mary again and told her we will be back.  We returned to the Spine surgery department just in time for her appointment.  Aunt Mary was with us this time.  Her appointment was until 12 noon in a different department.  We got to talk a little more before she left to her appointment.

Aunt Mary is a prayer warrior.  She is always praying for all the family.  She reminds me so much of my grandmother.  Aunt Mary told me all about her day at the hospital.  Then she left to her appointment at 11:30 AM.  That's when a MA announced that Doctor was 45 minutes delayed in appointments and for us to wait patiently.  I know this is the usual, so I did not mind. 

Finally got to see doctor at 11:49 AM.  He said he had already viewed the images of the x-rays, and then checked  Marah's back.  He went over all the surgery procedures, before, during, and after surgery.  Gave me some information in writing to reviewed and sign on the day of surgery.  Then we saw another person who also reviewed the information with us and gave us the school forms. 

We then went to the lab for some blood test.  The best thing out of all our day at the hospital was that doctor gave Marah the ok to not wear the brace.  She gets to have a break from it from now until surgery date.  She was thrilled.  Yet she confessed that she felt weird without it.  She had gotten  so used to it.  

We are getting a hot-wave weather in our local area, so this is a relief for her.  She slept without her brace for the first time in almost five years.

Just before I end, I want to share that I went to the library and found three good books to read this next three weeks.  Healed by Prayer by James Pruitt,  The Courage to Give by Jackie Waldman, and Authentic Beauty by Leslie Ludy.

Being a woman that believes in the power of prayer, I find it difficult at times to accept that in a few weeks my daughter will be having a surgery.  I asked God today to give me strength and to help me be at peace with His will.  But there are times when doubt and fear overcome me.  This is why, I need so much your prayers.  I understand that sometimes God works through the hands of physicians. 

Your prayers will help in the outcome of the surgery and in the recovery time.  You will be reading post written by Marah.  I am not sure if she will share her condition with you.  I find it hard to suggest this topic to her.  But I am sure that when she feels comfortable to do so, she will.


Rosario

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post of prayer and faith. Joining in prayer with you for your daughter's surgery.

    Thanks for your recent visit to Family Fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear, dear Rosario and Marah,
    Thank you so much for the update and I feel a special love for Aunt Mary just hearing you describe her. How awesome that you ran in to her, not once, but twice. That's not odd, that's God.

    Offering my prayers and love to you and your family.

    I am so thrilled that Marah got to sleep without her brace especially during this heat wave.

    Much love to you my dear friend,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete