Thursday, August 19, 2010

Books 4 Kids

Today's Guest Writer: My daughter Marah. 

I told her that she could write a post per week, more if she felt like.  I'm not sure what her topic is but will be reading before we post it.  Please welcome my daughter Marah.




Hello today my topic is books. Many people wonder what books their children should be reading. Well I've read quite a few books in my short lifetime.  So I know what books they should or shouldn't be reading.

One book people think is not a good idea is Twilight by Stephanie Meyer.Even though I have not read the book (my mom wouldn't let me) I know it is not appropriate for young children. How do I know this? Well quite a few of my family members have read it and told me. However, I have read plenty of  reviews on twilight.  Which say it is not an appropriate book and neither are the other books in the series.  (New Moon, Eclipse, & Eclipse).

Another book series is The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares.I actually have read this whole series and enjoyed it, but is really more for young adults than for little kids.

If you are looking for books young children will enjoy try the Ramona series. You could even try the Baby Sitters Little Sister series. There are plenty of good books out there all you gotta do is find them.

For more books you shouldn't"t let your kids read click here.

 BY 4 NOW,
                      Marah

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Marah. And I totally agree with you. It takes a lot of courage to write and post this and I am proud of you. God bless you richly.
    Ms. Dianne

    ReplyDelete