I had a nice morning at choir practice. Even though its only practice, I sing to God with all my heart. Because I know he loves to hear us give him worship and adoration.
Last night, I was playing worship songs on youtube, and while I was singing, I heard a loud noise like something fell. My daughter was also stardled with the sound. We looked around, and she found the object that fell. It was a wall picture frame, in it was the poem "A child's Angel", and a picture of me pregnant with my daughter.
I once heard or read a saying that said," a leaf falls, only if God wants it to fall." This thought came to my mind, and I thought, perhaps God is trying to give me a message. I read the poem and it reminded me that I am my daughter's angel on earth. My job is to take care of her, teach her good things and teach her to love God.
I finished the book, Healed by Prayer. The testimonies, were so inspiring that I thought I should start a prayer group. There is one at church that meets every Friday evening. Perhaps I should join them.
This morning our parish's pastor, also commented that he wanted to have a holy hour with the blessed sacrament. He was asking me for any ideas. I told him we should start once a month. He suggested, on Fridays. He will be talking with other parish members to get it started.
I pray everyday, during my quiet time. I have a list of people that I pray for, right inside my book of the Liturgy of the hours. Once I get to the section where you ask for personal intentions, I mention each name and the person's needs.
I thought I should share it with my readers. I have added a new page to the blog, titlled Prayer List. Here you will see the list of people that I pray for daily. If you want me, to pray for you, please leave me a comment with you first name and special intention.
I will start a prayer shawl, and baby blanket ministry. Gather ladies with the talent of crocheting and knitting to join me in making prayer shawls for patients who are ill with terminal and incurable illnesses. Also baby blankets in prayer for all those unborn children who are threaten by abortion or incurable illness.
I have sign up for Cathechetical training classes this coming year. I have been assigned the group of children who already made their first communion but want to continue with faith formation classes at my parish.
I also plan to gather Moms to pray for the schools in our neighborhood. I'm not sure how all this will work out but I am confident that God will help me organize all of this ideas and help me in making them fruitful.
blessings to all of you,
Rosario


Oh, Rosario, beautiful post full of meaning--so much to think about here--I encourage you in your new ministries--they sound so wonderful. I pray God's blessings on each of these endeavors--and sing to the Lord even though it is just practice--that made me smile and rejoice. Always keep your pure heart before the Lord.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Dianne