Friday, September 11, 2009

Week 6 Victories, Week 7 Goals

Well, my goal for week #6 was to clean the attic. I did 10% of the room. Just two hours this week. I have been busy doing other projects, and yes spending to much time on computer. We have two more weeks left and I hope that it will be done.




I did other organization projects around the house. The storage closet in the laundry room, and my kids closets. Just the closets. The rooms are still a nightmare. But we told them, if they do not clean their rooms on their own, no tv, no eating out on Sunday. Daughter's excuse, " I have to much homework". She sits with a book for hours, or her nintendo DS.


Son, he just pretends he cleans but makes a bigger mess. They both make everything to one corner of the room, and that is their way of cleaning. Lord, have mercy of me!


Ok,enough whinning. I have some fault too. I am not a good, disciplinarian. And I get to busy doing other things or spending time on computer, instead of spending time and make sure they clean a little each day. I really need to work on this.

This week, I organized the kitchen. You can see pictures here. I organized, all my tupperware, and plastic containers. I also clean out a drawers, where I keep all the ziplock bags, and extra foil paper, twisties, etc. I organized all the tops to the plastic containers by size and type in ziplock bags and keep them in a deep drawer in the kitchen. And I organized the pantry. I only took after pictures.

This is the closet in the laundry room. I removed all my craft supplies and took up to the attic. Just left items, that I used more frequently or that I want at close reach.




This wall cabinet, is extra pantry storage. Most of the items are seldom used. Here is my pantry. This armoire used to be in my room, we had the tv in there for a long time, until we decided to use it as the pantry. On the top shelf I have all the cans. I use bread pans to keep organized. And a lazy susan for the other items in the corner. Second shelf, the cereals, bread, and snacks at easy reach for my kids.
Here is the drawer, that I talk about earlier. I keep all the ziplock bags, and foil paper rolls. Everything organized and easy to reach.


I did not take the picture of the kids closets. The rest of the room is messy, so when its all clean, I will show you their accomplishment. I am not going to clean it again for them.



I still have high hopes for the attic. I hope that I do not get distracted by other projects or the computer. Now let go see what the others have accomplished and posted on Melinda's blog.

4 comments:

  1. Keep going Rosario--it sounds like you are getting stuff done even if it's not the attic completed yet. You are making difference in your home...

    I get so distracted by the darn computer too. At times when I need to accomplish something I even have to make rules for myself--like I can't open this laptop for two hours--and note the time. Those two hours are so much more productive when I am not "checking the email quickly" a million times and getting distracted.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosario!
    I think you are doing a great job ... attic or no attic! It is so hard to keep on top of the kids' stuff all the time. I have found since I've reorganized their rooms, they do stay cleaner because they have a place for everything. But it is a constant process. And life is busy. I've been a little less active in the blogging world lately for the very reason you said ... gotta keep on top of real life, too! It's a balance.

    You're doing an awesome job! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure did accomplish a lot this week! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really good Rosario it all takes time and remember it didnt happen to get messy/disorganized over night.
    Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete