Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Under God's Tent

I had already mention in one of my posts regarding my prayer journal. I use a prayer journal almost like a diary. It is my letters to God. When I will travel to Mexico or to visit my parents, I will take my prayer journal, along with my bible. As a matter of fact. I have a bible in my car at all times. Is my co-pilot. I keep another bible at my desk, and another bible in my reading basket. This way I always have a bible close by when needed. On wednesday, at Holy Experience blogers share their experience in their walk with God.

I like to read what others write about. One blog I was very interested in was Getting Down with Jesus . In her post titled Tent, the writer describes her tent and her altar. Her tent is a tote bag, and her altar is her bible, prayer journal and or any other book she is currently reading. She got this idea from a book she has been reading, the author of the book talked also about her tent and altar.

I liked the terms they used. So now I will refer to my reading basket as my tent. Inside my tent is my altar: my bible, prayer journal, novena books, prayer books, and any other books that I am reading.

Today and every day, I will be under God's tent. Reading my bible or any other inpirational book. I will try to have a set time each day. As soon as kids leave to school. My alone time with God.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to whisper....

    It is good to pray with you....

    This too: "May I be more like you and less like me."

    Yes...
    THANK YOU.

    All's grace,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete