Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Walk with Him in Prayer

This week for Walk With Him Wednesday, we are to describe or write about how we make our house a house of prayer.

At this house, well I am the prayer warrior. Husband is not into church or anything regarding prayer or reading bible. Yes, it is sad. I wish my husband will share my entusiasm for prayer and Church activities. But that is the way he was brought up, and all I can do is pray that he will have that personal encounter with Christ and believe.

My daughter is my little prayer warrior. She has her own prayer space in her room. It is said that the prayer of children is more powerful than the adults. That is why, I always ask my children to pray when someone is sick or every time we see an accident on the road.

Son is also a prayer warrior. He always prays that Daddy comes to church with us.

I teach my children to pray in their own words. What ever comes to thei hearts and mind. Just as if you are talking to a friend. Indeed Jesus is our friend.

We try as much as possible to seat together at meals and pray for our food. At restaurants we also pray. One time when daughter was much younger, she was praying for her food and husband got mad. At first, I thought she was playing with her food, but then she told me, that she was just praying. I got mad at husband. You should be proud your children are learning good things, and since then, he never says anything about it.

Since my kids go to a public school. I make sure we pray before we leave to school, either at home or at the car. I always tell my kids that prayer is important. God hears our prayers and at times answers quickly and other time we have to wait patiently. However if he thinks that what we prayed for is not good for us, then he does not answer at all. But he gives us a much better reward. And that is how I try to teach my children about prayer.

holy experience
Every Wednesday, we Walk with Him, posting a spiritual practice that draws us nearer to His heart.

2 comments:

  1. A prayer for God's blessings and for a wonderful school year... that their teachers will be Godly people.
    All the best, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you in your perseverance!

    ReplyDelete