Boy did I get a workout. And the kithchen looks great. I used to clean the kitchen, this way every week. But now I try my best to clean up the counters, wipe up stove, and table every day. The detailed cleaning gets done once a month for a whole week. Every Second week of the month is dedicated to the kitchen. I do a certain task each day, and this way, I do not spend a whole day cleaning the kitchen. This also gives me more time to do a little in each room. I try to do the hot spots first. The hots spots are those places where stuff accumulates and is left unattended. Usually the tops of drawers, dressers, side tables, kitchen counters, and the office desk.
Mondays are the days that I plan the menu, and make grocery list. I will not go to store today. I will wait until tomorrow, but I will get the menu done and the prepare the grocery list today. Which reminds me that I have to clean the fridge too. I will do that later.
This week on our Menu we have:
Today- Cooked beans, and pork rinds (chicharrones)
Tuesday-Birria (spicy shredded beef)
Wednesday- Chorizo with potatoes
Thursday- Chile Verde (pork in green hot sauce)
Friday- Taco Truck night @ sister-in-law's house
All mexican dishes. Yes, husband is from Mexico. He loves very spicy food. So what do I make for kids? Sometimes I seperate some of the food that I am preparing, before I add the chile or hot sauce. Or I just make something else for them. Or they warm up a noodle soup, or hot pocket in the microwave.
This week, I need to prepare lunch for them for school. Until we know if they will get reduced priced meals. Last year I had to pay full price. So every day, I prepared lunch for them. Once a week they will take money to eat at school.
This year school lunch is $2.50 plus $0.50 for milk. I have two kids so if I paid for lunch, I will be paying $30 per week. That is a lot of money. So I rather spend some time each day preparing lunch for them. I bought them food thermos to keep their food warm until lunch time. Once a week they take a sandwich. Daughter love tuna fish. Son prefers turkey ham.
This year, I want my children to have healthy lunches, that they will love to eat. I know that some kids trade lunches at school, because they do not like what they take to school, or what the school serves. I can not be lunch patrol, plus my kids will probably hate me if I did. So I research websites and ask for ideas from other parents. Please let me know any lunch ideas of your own. My kids are very picky eaters, like their Dad. So somehow I need to disguise those nutritious foods. I plan to make that zuchinni bread soon. I have heard so many Mom making it on blogs. Yesterday one of my aunts was talking about how she makes that for her kids.
I need to go check on my beans now, I think they are almost done.
No comments:
Post a Comment