Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Tour of my Home

I just recently started following a Bowl full of Lemons.  I love Toni's creative ideas for organizing and decorating your home. 

I became very inspired by her posts and the posts of her readers shared in her linky parties.

This week she will be hosting



I worked last week, and did not have time to make my home presentable for a home tour.  But decided instead to show you just a little of my home. 

I have lots of post about home decor in the archives, so I will show you some of those pictures and later this week I will show you the after pictures of how it will look after. 

I just finished the living room, the office has paper piles to be sorted, filed, shredd or recyled.

The kids room: son's side need lots of work.  Daughter did a great job on her side. 

Laundry room, laundry needs to be done.  Linen closet needs to be organized and the coat closet.

The attic.  My never ending story.  I did 1/4 of it.  Have to get rid of lots of boxes designated for donation, and yard sale.

Let's start with the areas that are done at the moment. 

This is my Living room shrine.  I called it the "Feast Table".  Other Catholic Women bloggers, refer to their home shrines as the "Feast table".  They use it to display their Catholic icons and they use the Liturgical colors for the particular season.  We are now in the Easter season, white and gold are used in this period until Pentecost Sunday.


Go here to see more pictures of the living room.
Now we go to the kitchen. 

 In the kitchen I have a jalapeno theme. I tried to have dishes and decor that match the color on the wall clock. That armoire is the pantry.  It was originally part of my bedroom furniture set.  We used it to hold the TV for about ten years.  Now is used here in the kitchen.

The wood box, on top was rescued from the curveside of a neighbor's house. It was on top of the trash can, on trash day.  It is a cutlery box.  I thought it was a great piece worth rescuing.

  I love this picture of Jesus with his disciples from Home Interiors.


The China cabinet is up in the attic.  I had no place to put it in the kitchen and I do not have a dinning room.


Next is the home office.

There is still work to do here. 

The Laundry room.  Have some work to do here as well.  The stairs that go up to the attic are in the laundry room.  The linen cabinet, and the coat closet is here as well. (pics not available)

My laundry sorting system. I have added another bin. Vacuum cleaner is now stored where ever there is a space for it.  I am looking for the right place for storing it.

I used folding wire laundry baskets in the past but they ripped easily , so I decided to use these instead.  When empty I just stack them into each other and hide in closet.


This is just a glimpe of the house.  I will show you more rooms later this week. 

Now go visit a bowl full of Lemons for more home tours.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your nice comment on our blog! You have a lovely home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving your laundry system!


    Megan
    mommyminded.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete