Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Resting in Peace

I just came back from a friend house.  She was taking care of her father diagnosed with cancer about a month ago.  I had not seen him since my friend brought him to her home from his hometown.

Last night I felt and impulse to go see him.  My friend and I, prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet together.  And then I returned home.

This morning, my friend called to let me know that her father had passed away.   I told her, I will be there soon.   She lives a few block away from my house, I was there in just a short time.

When I walked in the room, I saw her father there still, but with a peaceful smile in his face and his eyes closed.   I did not feel afraid, I felt at peace.  I knew he was in better hands now.  Free of pain and suffering.

Soon more family and relatives began arriving.  The Hospice nurses came too.  And lots of paperwork and phone calls.

I stayed at the home until the body was taken by the funeral home representatives.

It was a very sad moment for the family.

My heart and prayers are with them.  May the Lord continue to give them strenght in this difficult time.

To be part of something like this has touched my life amazingly.  God sometimes let us experience things like this to teach us something.

We are not the only ones going through trials.  There are other people out there who need a helping hand, an uplifting word.

Stop and look around you.  How can you be a blessing to someone today?

I left  online browsing aside and my dirty dishes in the sink, to be with a friend today.

"Lord, help me to not be so wrapped in my own little world.  Show me who need a blessing today. Amen."

1 comment:

  1. You are a good friend, and you will be blessed for showing God's love to a friend in need.

    Blessings!
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete