Monday, May 9, 2011
Mother's Day Weekend
On Friday, my kids and I took the Amtrak to spend a weekend with my Parents.
Saturday morning my Father drove us to the city of Delano, CA. to visit more relatives and attend Mass in the evening to celebrate the devotion to the Holy Cross. Many natives from my Father's hometown in Mexico, celebrate this devotion here in the United States. Lots of people that are not able to travel to Mexico, attend the celebration that is held every year in the Earlimart, CA.
Here is my Dad with his two sisters.
Sunday we spend the day, at a relative's house and we also celebrated both Mother's Day, as well as my aunt's birthday.
My cousin came too. I had not seen her in quite a long time. So it was a very happy, family reunion.
I returned home this morning. The kids missed school. And I missed a follow-up appointment. I thought it was until tomorrow. I was able to re-schedule for next week.
Another happy event took place today.
The family pet, a Chihuahua, had puppies today. This is her fourth time having puppies. I am not sure exactly at what time she had them. When we came to the house she looked ok. My daughter said she still had a full plate of food. But after returning from grocery store, her plate looked the same, and I worried that she was not outside to greet us. So I looked into her small house and saw her there with her two puppies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment