I am so happy that my boy has done his First Communion.
We have been preparing for the day for almost three years. Waiting for the right time. He know what it all means. He knows the importance of the word Eucaristia. He is happy.
family picture
Our parish priests and Aunt.
Aunt, Cousins, and Sister.
Grandma and Julian
Godparents and cousins.
There are so many more pictures I wish I could share, but my Sister ask me not to post until she can approve of them.
We had about three different cameras and I'm trying to choose the best of all three.
This was on Saturday morning. In the afternoon, we started preparing some of the food for the reception that took place on Sunday afternoon.
Saturday evening, we visited my brother who has been in hospital for almost a week. He had pneumonia, but thanks to God and the prayers of many intercessors he has gotten better.
Sunday Morning we attended Mass as usual. To give thanks for the wonderful day on Saturday. And to ask for a good day. My brother's health and many more things.
I thank God that my Mother was with me and helped me prepared the salsas, a soy salad, and cactus salad. I prepared a pasta salad. But when I looked in the pantry, I was missing most of the ingredients. Back to the store I went. I forgot the cake's receipt on the first trip to the store. I could not find the receipt. Then I found it and return to the store, but forgot the ice cream. Third time to the store I bought the items for the pasta salad and hot sauce for the corn on the cob.
Forgetful me, always forgetting things. Came back home and guest began arriving.
Evey guest is important, but to me the best guest was Sister Clare that came to visit us. I had not seen her in almost a year. It was a joy to see her, and for her to come to my house for Julian reception was an honor. I thank Julian's religion teachers for making this possible.
Everything was beautiful, the Mass, the decorations. Thanks to our friend Consuelo for making the beautiful flower arrangements. To Rosalia for helping me decorate the church. To all the parents that gave contribution for the flowers. The children's participation during the Mass as lectors and offering presenters.
And at the reception, my Sisters coming to help me. My friend Mati for making a beautiful jello desert, a work of art that was also delicioso.
Eucharisteo is giving thanks, and I thank God for the blessings of this wonderful weekend.
The blessings out weigh the problems. The enemy likes to mess up things for me when I most happy.
But I cling to the hand of God and he rescues me.

Oh sweet Rosario, I got your comment and I am so sorry that I have neglected my usual round of blog reading.
ReplyDeleteI found that I was spending less and less time in God's Word trying to get around to read all the blogs so it seems that I just stopped reading all together except for one or two.
I pledge my prayers to you in behalf of the prayer request mentioned. Please do not lose heart. God is still in the miracle working business.
IMy email is listed on my sidebar if you would like to privately email me.
I do love you and yours and am so thrilled to read about Julian's First Communion. What an awesome time of rejoicing and worship. My prayers is that the memories and the God of this ceremony will sink deep into his heart and his memory and wherever life takes him, he will always come back to this moment and know that Jesus is real--the only thing in this world that we can truly depend upon.
My prayers are with you dear sister.
All my love,
Dianne
What a special day for you and your family. I know you are proud mom!
ReplyDelete