Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Here is something to be thankful.

My son drew this for his Dad.  It is St. Martin of Tours.

I told my husband that our son had drawn the Sacred Heart icon and Our Lady of Guadalupe. 


He wanted to challenge our son and asked him to draw the icon of St. Martin of Tours. 


Here is what my son drew.  I took a picture of the drawing instead of scanning it because sometimes the scanner fades some details.

My son is only 7 years old.  I hope that he uses this talent well.

The following picture was taken at my sister's house.  She has this display on top of her media cabinet.  She changes the color of the drape for each liturgical season. 



She also has a home shrine or altar, where she has the infant Jesus dressed in white.   The family bible opened.  The easter candle.  And a rosary on the wall.  She also changes the colors of the linens and the dress for the infant Jesus.




She also has a collection of saint icons.  But she keeps those in her bedroom.  

She uses them for the Little Flowers Club meeting.  To show the girls the particular saint they are learning about.  

I will be having our club meeting this summer like last year.  There is also a club for boys, they are called the Blue Knights.  You can find out more about this clubs at this blog.  Little Flowers Girls Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment