I am not much of an expert on this topic. When ever I want to express my feelings and can't find the words or the courage to express them, I use songs. Songs are a form of love letters. Poems are too.
There is a song in Spanish that my husband and I love. The artist is Gloria Estefan. The song, Con Los Años que me Quedan. ( With the years that remain for me)
We both had heard this song before, but the day we both heard it together at a marriage retreat, the words seemed to be the right words to express to each other. Tears rolled down my cheeks and it was as if I had fallen in love with my husband all over again.
Here is the English translation of the song.
With the years that remain for me
I know i still have an opportunity
I know it's not late to reconsider
I know our love is true
with the years that remain for me
I' ll demonstrate you how much I love you.
with the years that remain for me
I will live to give you love
Erasing every pain
with kisses full of passion
like I loved you the first time
With the years that remain for me
I'll make you forget any mistake
I didn't meant to hurt you, my love
you know you're my adoration
and will be my whole life
I can't imagine living without you
I don't want to remember how I lost you
maybe it was immaturity from myself
I didn't knew how to love you
I assure you that with the years I have left to live
(with the years I have left)
I am going to dedicate them to you (to you)
Make you so happy
that you fall more in love with me
I will love you until I die
How to prove that I am not who I used to be
time will tell you, if you have faith in me
that how I loved you
nobody else
will ever love you
tell me it is not the end
I know i still have an opportunity
I know it's not late to reconsider
I know our love is true
with the years that remain for me
I' ll demonstrate, how much I love you.
I know our love is true
and with the year that remain for me
I'll demonstrate, how much I love you
From: http://lyricstranslate.com From: http://lyricstranslate.com
Now visit Holy Experience to read more inspiritional stories in the series of Walking With Him Wednesdays.

What beautiful lyrics. Yes, we often use songs as love letters, don't we? I'm glad that you wrote about it.
ReplyDelete