Thursday, June 3, 2010

liturgical colors



As you enter the front door of my home. You see immidiately that this is a Catholic home. Not just Catholic but also Mexican-American. I am proud of my culture and of my faith. In every single room of this house, excluding the bathroom, you see a small shrine dedicated to Jesus and Mary.



This year I have been using the liturgical colors used to signify the seasons, feasts and holy days of the church.

Thanks to Jenn over at Wildflowers and Marbles and Lacy at Catholic Icing, I was introduced to how to use the liturgical colors within my home.


This small shrine is in my home office, just above my computer. The sacred heart icon is one of my favorite. The child of Atocha was my grandmother's special devotion. And of course Our Lady of Guadalupe, patron of Latin America. The cross is a reminder of the sacrifice that Jesus made for us. This one is from Home Interiors' Max Lucado collections. I placed a small rosary on it as a reminder to pray the rosary.





The picture above where you see the icon of the Holy Trinity is another section of my living room. This is actually the wall adjacent to the kitchen. Here you see pictures of my Parents, sisters family, and brother with his fiance. The words Family and Love are a reminder that in our family Love is what keeps us together.


Next picture is from my bedroom. Here I have a big mirror with the image of our Lady of Guadalupe painted on it in gold color. On top of the dresser a picture of my children, a small icon of the Divine Mercy and the sacred family, Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus.






I have another table in the hallway going towards the laundry room, stairs to the attic and the back door. Here I have another small shrine that will be changing monthly acording to the different celebrations of the month or season. You can see the picture on this post.

Here is a picture of a few months ago during lent when I decorated for the feast of St. Joseph the worker, spouse of Mary, and foster father of Jesus.


These are just a few of the ways that I have been using the liturgical colors withing my home. And how I am making a domestic church in my home. Keeping our traditions alive and sharing them with my children and the people that visit our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment