Thursday, June 17, 2010

A door wreath

At Catholic Icing our friend Lacy gives lots of ideas on how to make beautiful crafts and home decorations.  She also gives us links to other blogs that share their craft ideas. 

I like the idea from At the Foot of the Cross on How to make your own Sacred heart wreath.

And here is my version of this wreath.  Not quite the same but I hope you like it.  I remembered my valentine's day wreath and took it out from the storage bin.



Then I started to work looking for materials and started adding them to the heart.



I used red felt for the background, colored the outline of the thorns with black permananent marker. 
Used chenille stems for outline of heart and flames.  For the top flames, I used a  flower.  Then I placed the cross on top.



An here it is on my door.  It is not really how I wanted it.  I am thinking that I should just spray paint the basket in red.     What do you suggest?

No comments:

Post a Comment