Psalm 90:12,14,17
Teach us to count our days aright,
that we may gain wisdom of heart.
Fill us at daybreak with your love
that all our days we may sing for joy
May the favor of the Lord our God
be ours.
Prosper the work of our hands!
Prosper the work of our hands!
Today, I read the bible up in the attic. I placed a small table and chair near the window of the attic room. I thought of doing this on Saturday when I was working in the attic. This reminded me of the cloister rooms of convents. The only difference is that the attic's room is much bigger and is filled with so much boxes and other items that need to be dealt with.
I am going to continue working in my attic rooms. My goal is to have our vacation retreat room there. A place where my children and I can create things. I could get back to knitting and they can play or read books. I have plenty of books for them and myself. I also have lots of craft supplies. Most of their toys are there in the attic. I have a small table for the kids and a big table for my sewing projects.
But at the moment everything is not organized. All of the unwanted clutter from the other rooms came directly to the attic. So now I need to decide what is useful, and what needs to go. My parish is having a yard sale this coming weekend, and they have asked for items to be donated for the sale. What an excellent way to help my parish, and help myself by getting rid of the things I do not need.
Prosper the works of my hands this week Lord. Amen.
Hi Rosario, I love this post about the "upper room." What an awesome place to read the Bible. And it will be like a vacation retreat up there for the kids also.
ReplyDeleteI am in the middle of cleaning out my little art studio today. It is a very small bedroom and I have it cluttered so much that I can't even work in there. I am trying to simplify also.
I hope your parish gets lots of donations and makes lots of money.
And don't we all have items that "need to be dealt with" in our upper rooms (attic)?!
Love,
Dianne