Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Home Blessings

I have been making little improvements all over my home. Making changes in home decor. Since summer is coming up, I decided to change the colors in my room to summer colors. Green and aqua are my favorite colors for my bedroom.



Husband had never told me anything on how I decorate or keep the house, but lately he has been making complaints about the clutter in our room. To be honest my room is the less cluttered room in the house, but I want to keep my husband happy. So I made sure that nothing extra was on top of our dresser, or any clothes on the bed, or ottoman next to our dresser.





You can see the bedskirt and bed cover in this next picture. The shams and pillow are a dark coffee color.


The following pictures are from our attic room. I wanted to show you the progress I have done. First picture is of all the toy boxes, most belonging to my son. There is a tent in the corner with their big stuffed toys inside.




Next picture, I call this area the reading and imaginative zone. I have a calendar on the wall, just like in most classrooms. The closet has some of the hallowen costumes, Mexican traditional dresses, and winter clothes. In the corner, more imaginative play items, doll clothes, wigs, and hats. There is still some baskets and things that need to be sorted and organized. Same for the toy area.



Next picture is the book shelf area. Craft supplies, school supplies, and other educational items. The clutter at the bottom, needs to be sorted and organized.





The next picture, here are more things that need to find a home. Under the table, I have all my fabrics for sewing projects. I want to use this table for measuring fabric and cutting patterns. That is the reason it needs to be cleared.




The futton sofa was also cleared of all the things that were on it. All I left were some pillows





And here is the stuff that I removed from the futton sofa. Mostly covers and comforter sets. I will organized this covers in a plastic bin and place in the attic's storage area.






Which you can see in the next picture. Behind all that clutter, there is a small door. That door leads to the small storage area. Here I keep all my christmas boxes, linen boxes, and other seasonal items. Most of the items you see in the picture, are things that need to be put back in their proper storage bin. Some things like party trays and party supplies, I like to keep there for a quicker access.




This is what you actually see, as soon as you enter the attic. This is why, it is my first priority to organize this area.

The last picture is the china cabinet. My husband decided, he no longer wanted it in our living room. Since we do not have a dinning room, it ended up in the attic. Here I keep my collectibles. Mostly angels, party favors from first communion, baptisms, and weddings.




So now you have seen my collection of clutter as well. I will continue to work on each area in the following days. And I will post the after pictures as soon as I complete each section. My goal is to finish by the 1st of July. I hope that I can accomplish my goal.


This week, I did not post anything for Walk with Him Wednesday, but you can go over to Holy Experience and read what the other writers posted.



1 comment:

  1. My husband will have more of a problem with clutter in the bedroom than in any other room of the house, too. (that's not to say he loves clutter anywhere...) I think that is because he views our room as kind of a sanctuary for himself and for us as a couple. It makes sense to me. I put more effort into keeping that room clutter-free than I do other rooms (but I'm trying in the other places, too!)

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete