Friday, January 22, 2010

Update in Pictures

Here are some pictures of my adventures in knitting and crocheting. The projects are in their genesis, hopefully in a few weeks, I will show you the finished projects.


This first picture is the small purse, I did using the Afghan stitch, next to it is the start of a knitting project probably will be a scarf.



Second picture, I made a home for my needles and hooks,
following a pattern from a sewing book.
Here is the loom that Mom gave to me.
I am making a scarf for my daughter.


Here you can see the stiches completed.


And here is the prayer shawl, not yet completed.
Almost done with one ball of yarn.
You can't see the stiches well in this picture.
It almost looks like the size of a square pillow.
I still have more to go, but I am praying it will not
take me years to complete. LOL
I am hoping that I do not get bored with my projects and forget them in a corner. I need to remember that I am doing this to bless others. By praying over them and meditating on good things for each person. Not only will they be blessed with a gift, but I will be blessed by spending more time in prayer.
I realized yesterday, that Mom has blessed so many people with her gifts made with love and dedication. I still have those blankets she did for my children. They are treasures for me. And hope I get to do the same for my grandchildren when the time comes.






1 comment: