Daughter asked, what will I name the doll? I do not know. We looked at the calendar to see what Saint name was celebrated today. St. Thomas Aquinas. Well, lets call her "Tomasita"
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Tomasita
All this morning, I have been working on my cloth doll. I searched my inventory of fabric and decided on what fabric to use for the body. The face and legs are made of felt. I cut out the pieces. For the body I chose this vintage skirt and cut the pieces for the body and arms.
And here she is all put together. I did not think of taking pictures of the process. Perhaps next time that I make another doll. This is my practice doll. I did a few of mistakes and had to fix them.
Daughter asked, what will I name the doll? I do not know. We looked at the calendar to see what Saint name was celebrated today. St. Thomas Aquinas. Well, lets call her "Tomasita"
Next I will be working on the Saints Dolls. Want to make stuffed dolls of the Saints. Using some of the ideas from Waltzing Matilda and Paper Dali. I want to make St. Therese, St. Francis of Assisi, and Mother Theresa.
Daughter asked, what will I name the doll? I do not know. We looked at the calendar to see what Saint name was celebrated today. St. Thomas Aquinas. Well, lets call her "Tomasita"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
very cute!
ReplyDelete