I am not a crafty person. I have a sewing machine and I use it once in a while to create fun things like gift for my family, dress for my infant Jesus, home decor. I have always wanted to know how to knit. My mother loves to knit lots of things. She showed me one time but never have made it a hobby like my mother. She has always been so creative. She is does not know much English but she knows how to do stiches from the books and makes beautiful baby covers and clothes.
Now she is working on a loom knitter. She was introduced to the loom knitter by my sister's mother-in-law who lives in Aguascalientes, Mexico. She brought one of those loom knitters from Mexico and she started making scarfs for all of us. I saw her working on her project this New Years eve. I just can't believe how easy it is to knit with that loom knitter. I want to start on my own project. So I went to my local Michaels store to find the loom knitter. I had seen them before, but never had the intentions of buying one. Unfortunately, I could not find the looms at Michaels.
I call my Mom, to ask her where can I get one. She said that my sister just got a package from her mother-in-law. Wow. I can't wait to start making my first knitting project. My Mom is also making dresses for or infant Jesus to wear this year. My son wanted to dress his infant Jesus as a the Child Doctor. There is an icon of the infant Jesus dressed as a doctor, that my sister gave to me when I was in the hospital. My sister found a doll's doctor outfit at the dollar store and sent it to us. The outfit was too big for my son's infant Jesus. Son was not happy. He wants to dress his infant Jesus now, and all the outfits I had made for my infant Jesus are to big for his infant Jesus. But Grandma Lupe is coming to the rescue and she is making her grandson a dress for his infant Jesus. I thank God that my Mother lives here in California just an hour away from me. Even if she lived in Mexico, I will make sure to get her a computer with a camera, so that I could talk to her everyday. One of my friends does that with her mother via facebook. The benefits of the internet.
I have made lots of great friends on blogs. Thank you to becomewhatyouare for always leaving uplifting comments. You definately deserve the best Mom award.
Awww, thanks! That is so sweet.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see your projects! This year I am trying to keep my knitting blog updated a bit better (regular needle knitting). If you want to stop by it is:
http://yarn.becomewhatyouare.wordpress.com
God bless you, Rosario.
ooops, put a period where there should be one:
ReplyDeletehttp://yarnbecomewhatyouare.wordpress.com