Remember, that I told you about those homemade gifts I was struggling to finish. Well now I want to share them with you. My sisters and Mom were very happy with them. I think that I will start on my gifts earlier this year. I already have some great ideas for my nieces.

This is the gift bag that I used to give the gifts in. I did not make this bag. I believe it is an Avon product. I receive the bags from a local charity group.

This felt doll of Mary, was the first project idea, I wanted to do for the gifts.
I got the idea from a felt project book. There is a pattern for all the nativity scene,
and I was planning to make them all but I thought it was a little difficult to do just one.
So I decided to just do Mary and Baby Jesus.

This St. Nicholas pattern, I got from a
St. Nicholas website. I decided to make it more interesting by adding some felt to the card board.

And here are some ideas, I came up with, inspired by God of course. The brown thing with a hole on it, is actually a door knob holder, with pockets to hold cell phone and keys. I gave this to my brother-in-laws and one in gray and brown, to my younger sister. The advent candles, the flames have velcro behind so they are removable.

I used a coloring picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe to cut out the pattern for this craft.
I did not have more gold felt, so I only made two.
Just this morning I was quickly reading some of the blogs I follow. Charlotte over at
Waltzing Matilda has a great idea for Saints. Charlotte is an artist. She has some great coloring pages of Saints. I have been using her coloring pages to introduce my children to the lives of Catholic Saints. My son loves to color and he also loves to draw. He is very artistic, according to his teacher.
I thought I can use the ideas from Charlotte's friends and do some felt dolls of Saints. I have plenty of material that I bought over the holidays. Thanks Charlotte for sharing your patterns with us and the wonderful ideas that your readers are doing with them.
Miss your posting! Hope to see you back soon.
ReplyDelete