Monday, January 4, 2010

Getting back on track

Over the Holiday, I got a little sidetracked. I did my best to leave this house as clutter free as possible before the New Year celebration. Most of the laundry was done and kids rooms were perfect.

This weekend, when I returned from my three day vacation at Mom's house, the clutter returned. There is stuff all over the living room sofa, coffee table and floor. The kitchen counters and table are also full with stuff. I wonder where this all came from?


So I must get back to my daily routines. I have my grocery list ready and my menu for the week done. I am off to the grocery store. Coming back to spend 15 minutes on each room, getting rid of those spots where clutter tends to accumulate.

My goal for this week is to slowly remove all the Christmas decorations and place in their storage bins back in the attic. Time flies quickly during the holiday. It seems like I just took the decorations out and now I have to put them away.

For those of you who know about the Flylady system, I have been trying this system on an off for almost two years now. And it works if you are consistent. But I am such a big procrastinator. I stop doing my daily routines and I back to a messy home. Having your kitchen nice and clean makes so much difference in my house because the room looks much bigger when the counters are clean and clutter free. This month's habit is to shine your sink. Read more about it at Flylady.net.

Have to go now, to grocery store. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big procrastinator too. I've found that making myself do all the major cleaning on Monday and Tuesday helps. I've gotten into the habit of having a consistently clean and dust-free home so when it starts to get a little out of sorts it really bothers me until I clean it again. I'm still working on a system to get the laundry done on a consistent basis! Thanks for the tip about flylady.

    ReplyDelete