There is this song on my blog music player called "Perfect People" by Natalie Grant. It reminds me that there is no such thing as perfect people. Even though we appear to be all perfect. We all have done something wrong in our past and though we try to hide it and patch it up like it never happen, we will never forget it happen.
I was reading 2 Samuel where David tried to hide his sin after committing adultury with Bathsheba. Then he ended up killing her husband. David a man annointed by God to be king of Israel, was a big time sinner. Yet God forgave him, when David repented.
We all have done something that we have tried to hide. But the truth always comes out. Nothing is secret to God.
"For there is nothing hidden except to be made visible, nothing is secret except to come to light." Mark 4:22
When I was younger, I wanted to be the best at everything. I wanted to be the perfect daughter, the perfect student. I tried my best to be good at everything. I socialized with good friends, I dare not hang around the wrong people. I thought I was better than them at times. Which is wrong. I see myselft now, how I was then, and I compare myself to one of the Pharisees.
And now I admit that in many ways, I hurt many people with my words and actions. I turn people away, because of their looks or because of who they hanged out with. Little did I know of the things that God was showing me. He was sending people to me that needed to hear his word. I turned them away. I did not listened carefully to God voice and his plans for my life.
Yesterday, as I was reading a post at Coming Clean: Confession of an Inperfect Parent it came to my memory all the times that I have blown it. Yes, I have. And I am truely ashamed and have repented many times of my past mistakes. And I know deep in my heart that I have been forgiven. I do not need to bring them up again and torture myselft with the past. It is done, I have repented, I have been forgiven.
But our enemy, brings our mistakes back into our memory, over and over. He reminds us of all those things, brings us back remorse and unforgiving thoughts. And we let him. We let him depress us and make us feel unworthy of God's love.
Do not believe the lies sisters and brothers. Put a stop to the devil, whose only purpose is to come and destroy our peace. Replace your negative thoughts with positive healing words.
I was forgiven, I am healed, I am loved by God. I am a child of God. A friend of Jesus.
The word of God is such a powerful tool. A healing, comforting way of removing all that junk from our life. That is why I daily spend some time in the scriptures. I meditate on them. What ever I feel that God is saying to me, I write it down in a journal. I remind myself during the day, what I have learned.
I am not a perfect wife or perfect mother. But I try my best to be the best I can be, not to receive admiration. But because I want my children to learn good things, and to put them to practice. Yes we do make mistakes, but we also learn from our mistakes. God's grace is so aboundant in this house.
I invite you to read the lates blog at Coming Clean, Melinda is an amazing person and I have learned so much from her. She has invited a guest to post in her blog and I was inspired by her post to write this post today.
Rosario,
ReplyDeleteI so relate to your confessions. I spent so many years trying to "perform" for self-worth, to get other people to like me and think well of me. It really is only the grace of God that changed my heart and mind. It's still a process. I still fall into that old way of thinking and acting, but I know it is covered by grace and I remind myself of how far He's brought me. I'm so glad that my blog has been a blessing to you. That is what it's all about -- sharing our struggles and what God is teaching us through them. I have been encouraged by you so as well, my friend.
Your kind words today were such a blessing to me. Thank you so much ... made my day (and if you had any idea of the day I've had, you'd know what an accomplishment that is.) ;0)