Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Quick update

I have been teaching myself how to crochet with this book I bought at Michaels. So far I done well. I finished one project. a small purse for my cell phone. I am crocheting a prayer shawl for someone who has leukemia. I am praying that the recipient be blessed physically and spiritually. I have been reading a lot about prayer shawl ministries and what they do to bless others in need. I thought that it will be something good for me to do. And at the same time improve my prayer life. It is a very relaxing technique. I pray the rosary along with a CD or while it is broadcast on EWTN or the radio. It is about 30 minutes and even though it seems I have not done much in my project, it is been a blessing to me.

I share this with my mother. She says that she has been praying during her knitting time also, lately and she is amazed on how much quickly she finishes her projects. Wow. Why had I not heard of this before? I could had done many prayer shawls already and blessed so much people. I love helping others, and I have been asking God to show me where he needs me. I think God has given this idea to me to start doing something that will bless others as well as bless me.

How will I be blessed? I will be spending time in prayer. I will be giving away something I have done with my own hands. And It does not cost much. For a ball of yarn (1 skein) about $2.50. My friend only used one ball of yarn to make a long scarf. I think that I will be able to make a shawl with two balls of yarn even though the book says you need more. I know that the Lord will provide.

I better, get to blessing my house. It is a rainy day here in the bay area. Husband will be home any minute. And he hates that I spending time on computer. After my daily home blessing (chores) I will sit down to continue knitting. Have a very blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment