Saturday, October 1, 2011

October is Here!

September has left us and a new month has begun.  My sister said that September was not a good month for her.  Well, as for me there were many blessings to my life in September.  The kids started their music lessons.  Julian will be taking drum lessons and he will be part of the school's band.

Marah will be taking violin lessons.  Her choice. I did not had anything to do with it.  Its amazing how she picked the same instrument I did when I was in Elementary.  So in just a day she knows the first notes of twinkle star.  Learned it from me, because her teacher has only taught them two notes A & D.

The family miracle you already know about, my brother's car accident.  I keep thanking God for protecting him, and sending  angels to help him get out of the car.  Actually it  was a two door pickup, that is no longer useful.  Another thing I am thankful for is that no one else was hurt.  My brother is still sore from his hand.  He is not sure if it was the impact on the air bag. His legs are sore too.   I pray to God that he will listen and go get a general check up.  Some guys are just stubborn about going to see doctors.  I do not blame him.  My brother has been hospitalized many times since he was a child.

Another long story that you can read about here

Now that a new month has begun, what a great way to begin this new month.  On the feast day of St. Therese of Liseux. by attending a retreat at a Jesuit school of Theology. 

I first took my daughter to her school.  She went to a fieldtrip to the beach with her classmates and Science teachers.  Then I drove to church to meet with  other CCD teachers, that would attend the retreat.  Since I have a Ford Expedition, some people drove with me in my car.  I followed another lady that would lead us to the school.

Guess what she did?  She got on the highway!  So I had no other option but to follow her.  Was I scared?  Yes, but I asked the others with me to help me, while merging to the other lane.  It is a busy highway, and one were those big truck get on.  The ones I'm scared of.  Well one did not let me merge to the other lane, the more I try to get ahead of it the more faster it went.

Finally, I was able to pass it and switch lanes before my exit came up.  We got to the school, and we all gathered in the chapel for morning prayer and reflections.  Then we went to another lounge area for introductions, and sharing time.  We had a two sessions where we got to be alone in silence with God.  Then we gathered in groups for sharing our experiences.  We had lunch, then one of the teachers gave us a brief story about St. Therese of Liseux. 

I had to leave early to be able to pick up daughter at her school at around 3PM.  This time I was alone and instead of heading towards the highway entrance, I took the longer route through the busy streets.  I began to panic, because I noticed my gas signaled almost empty. What?  I knew I had more than a quarter left.  I remember that everytime I leave the car facing down on a hill, it does that.  So I tried not to worry.  As soon as  I see a gas station I will put more gas.  The meter said, I only had 11 miles to empty.  After about a few miles it began to go up.  Eventually it went up to 69 miles to empty.

October 12, is the one year anniversary of my daughter's spine surgery.  A year already!  Time sure flies! You can read about her surgery here, post before surgery day  and post after the surgery

I love blogger because I am able to go the archives and read my posts and reflect on what I have shared with you.

Well, I think this post has become long.  And I do not want to bore you.  I wish you a great month and keep up with my upcoming post on the book study on What Women Fear

No comments:

Post a Comment