Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Book Study Day 1

So I began reading this new book What Women Fear

I have read thru the first two chapters including the Introduction. 

I have a journal for writing my notes from the book.  I do not like to write all over books because in case I let someone borrow it, or later decide to donate it.  So I got a binder put some notebook paper in it and in the front cover, I placed a nice picture of my parents with their granchildren. As the background for the picture I used a page of Angels on the right side border.  They seem to be looking down at the picture.

One of my fears is being separated for my kids when on fieldtrips or when they visit my parents.  I fear that something might happen to them if I am not with them. 

I also placed dividers to have a section for scripture to read everytime I feel anxiety or on those days I can't sleep.

I got this idea from another reader participating in the book study.

Today we began the book study at Bloom (in) Courage

The ladies discussed the Introduction to the book.  It's awesome to join this book club, because I'm reading the same book with other women, and learning what they have learned from the particular chapter.  Learning what their experiences with fear have been, and how they have conquered their fears or how they deal with their fears.  How their faith in God has helped them in their struggle with their own fears.

So join us at Bloom (in) Courage to encourage one another.

You can link to the website by clicking on the book on the left sidebar of my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment