Monday, October 11, 2010

Surgery tomorrow

The day has finally arrived.  Tomorrow is the big day for my daughter's surgery.  This time we will be arriving at hospital at 6 AM, and the surgery will take place at 8 AM.  First patient for doctor.

I honestly want this to be over with.  I have been waiting, anticipating this day for quite a long time.  My daughter needs this surgery.  Her time off the brace, has shown some difference in her body.  Her spine looks so crooked and people have been asking what is wrong with her. 

Before while wearing her brace her posture was more straight  and no one ever noticed anything.  But now they see her without her brace and that big hump on her back. 

I am so glad that no one in her school, has made any bad comments about it.  They have asked her, but nicely.  

Daughter continues to show great courage and never has she expressed to be stressed or anxious about her surgery.  In a way she is happy that she will have some time off school.  For a A students is strange to hear this.   But she says she does not like school.

I will be coming by the school today to sign the Independent studies contract with her teacher.  I know we will not be doing any school work the first week after surgery, but as soon as she gets home from hospital we will start her home studies.  Which means I will become a homeschool Mom.  Yeah.  I am going to need lots of good tips from all you homeschool Mom of six graders. 

My sister, just brough us a pack of books for Marah.  Marah loves reading.

I will try to update as soon as possible on Marah's surgery. 

Thank you for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment