Every day of this week, I have been spending time in the Word. Wednesday and Fridays I join the Bloom (in) Courage community for discussion of a chapter of the book What Women Fear.
Yesterday we had the discussion on chapter 4, the Fear of Failure.
I sat at my desk, and first read the Catholic Mass readings for Wednesday.
Then I went over to Sarah Mae's blog. Like a Warm Cup of Coffee, for day 3 devotional.
I noticed the clock on the computer said 9:40 AM, it was time for me to leave to weekly prayer group.
I spent two hours at prayer group. I am amazed of how all the readings and devotionals interlink with what I'm reading in the book, and what I experience in my life at home and with others.
Yesterday, someone in the Bloom Community mentioned this bible verse.
“Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct.” 1 Peter 3:1-2
I was meditating on this verse this morning. I did not sleep well last night so I was up for almost three hours from 12:30 AM to about 2:50 AM.
So this morning, it took longer for me to get out of bed because I felt tired. I needed to turn on the coffee maker , make lunch for husband, and do morning routines before kids left to school, in order to be ready for quiet time at 8 AM.
Somehow, I forgot to include something in husband's lunch. And he got my attention, and said this was the second time I do this. I quickly got the bread, I forgot to include. But was taking some time to find a bag to place it in, before I placed it in his lunch bag. He told me in a bad tone to hurry up. I felt bad because my children where in the living room. And they heard him. I did not reply to him, I kept quiet, and proceeded quickly to place the bread in his lunch bag.
After husband left to work, I took a shower and began getting ready for my day. This is when my kids began to argue among each other. My son could not find his drum sticks and was demanding his sister to look for them in the car. I went to the living room and saw the drum sticks on the sofa among a bunch of papers and binders that belong to my son.
I became irritated because, if he had picked up his stuff, he would had noticed the drum sticks. But he was demanding his sister, to do things for him. I dislike starting my day in a bad way. This is why, is important for me to spend quiet time, as earlier as possible. The best time for me to concentrate on what I'm reading and meditating, is after my children leave to school.
In today's readings, the Psalm spoke to me. Psalm 1
R. (Ps 40:5) Blessed are they who hope in the Lord.
Blessed the man who follows not
the counsel of the wicked
Nor walks in the way of sinners,
nor sits in the company of the insolent,
But delights in the law of the LORD
and meditates on his law day and night.
R. Blessed are they who hope in the Lord.
He is like a tree
planted near running water,
That yields its fruit in due season,
and whose leaves never fade.
Whatever he does, prospers.
R. Blessed are they who hope in the Lord.
Not so the wicked, not so;
they are like chaff which the wind drives away.
For the LORD watches over the way of the just,
but the way of the wicked vanishes.
R. Blessed are they who hope in the Lord.
My prayer for today and this month is that the peace of God and his light abide in me and shine thru me, may I always reflect Jesus in me. And may the Lord help me in those weak moments.
Here are the pictures I took of me for today's Get Dressed Challenge
Link here for Day 4 of the Get Dressed Challenge
No comments:
Post a Comment