Thursday, October 20, 2011

Earthquake!

Very common to us in the Bay Area of California, to have this sudden movements.  Today was a big one to me, compared to the ones I have felt recently in this area.

Now for someone that experienced the 1989 quake, I can't tell you that I know what a small earthquake is compared to a big one.

My first thought was to get as quickly as possible to the kids school.  I was just a few blocks away, so I got there in less than two minutes.  

All of the children were gathered in front of the school.  School gets out at 1:30 PM, so only the music students were at the school at that time and it was easy for administrators to gather them all and take them outside for safety.

As soon as my son saw me he hug me and began to cry.  Yes, my 9 year old.  Very emotional, just like his Mom.  Some girls started to giggle, but others were also scared like him and wished their parents were with them.

The school, call the other parents to let them know that music class will be canceled until the proper authorities authorize that it was safe to enter the school.  Since its an old building the administrators thought it was not safe to be in the building.

I took my children home, including my two nieces who were also at the school.

Tomorrow's chapter discussion on What Women Fear is the Fear of Death.  I can definately tell you this is a big one for me.  I am terrified of sudden death.  Or that something might happen to any of my children.  I have not yet finished the chapter yet, so I will be waiting until tomorrow to write a post about it.

I thank God that my children are ok, and that no one got hurt.  None of my relatives that live in the area, got hurt either.  I have not seen the news yet, but I'm thinking not much damage was reported, because when we got home they just had an alert message and quickly resumed their regular broadcasts.

Have a nice night, I pray that I will be able to sleep, without having nightmares.

1 comment:

  1. Rosario,
    One of my favorite verses that I turn to when I am dealing with fear is Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!" I pray that the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will be yours!

    Blessings,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete