Hi Everyone! Marah's surgery was done yesterday. It started at 9:30 AM and lasted for 7 hours. I was able to see her around 6 'oclock in the evening.
She was a little swollen from her face but was talking and responding to all the nurses questions. Then slowly faded into sleep for a few minutes than she will say something. It was quite hard for me to see her like that. But slowly she began to be more responsive and her swollen face looked much better.
I spent the night at the hospital next to her bed. I slept for a few hours than will be awaken by the nurses talking to Marah.
She did well during the night without any pain medicine. She still had a little of the medicine that was given right before closing her incision.
This morning she woke up with a little fever. Some chest x-rays were done at around 4 AM to make sure her lungs are doing well.
Today she began her physical therapy sessions. The therapist made her sit on the side of the bed with out back support and she also stood for like 30 seconds. It made Marah a little uncomfortable but she did great. Tomorrow she will start taking a few steps.
I am truely amazed on how fast she is recovering. Thanks to all your prayers and the powerful healing hand of God.
When she is able, I will have her write a post to tell you how she feels.
She looks so much better, I think she even grew a few inches. Actually, her body was straighten from the curvature scoliosis was causing in her spine. So it seems that she got taller.
I am home, taking a break, while her dad is with her at hospital. I am supposed to be taking a nap, to return to hospital rested and take my turn by her bedside.
Impossible for me to do that. I washed the dishes, made some calls, answered calls, took a shower and updated profile on Facebook and MySpace. And now I am writing this blog.
Picture was taken before she was given the happy medicine. The one that gets them all goofy just before anesthesia. And she is was looking at a poster of her favorite guy, JB.
Can wait to show you pictures of the after surgery. None of her face swollen. I will make sure she is dressed in a more atractive gown. She keeps saying that when she gets older, she is going to design fashionable scrubs and gowns for hospital patients.

Oh Rosario, this is wonderful news. Please give Marah my love and prayers and be sure to keep us all posted on her rehabilitation. This is truly a healing miracle from God just as much as if there were no doctors or nurses involved.
ReplyDeleteLove and prayers,
Dianne