Saturday, October 30, 2010

Very Busy Weekend

So many celebrations coming up.  Tomorrow, Halloween is celebrated in many parts of the world. 

I had my views on this celebration over the years.  I had abstained from trick or treating for many years.  We only visited the houses of people who were family or close friends.

Every year, my neighbor celebrates her birthday  close to Halloween, so her theme is always Halloween.   All the kids  dress up in their costumes and they have a great time at the party. 

Today was her party. 

I was not home for most of the afternoon.  I had my second, Catechist training class.   Classes meet once a month.   You only get 3 chances to miss a class.  And to make up for the class, we need to read all the lesson missed and write a summary of what we read. 

I think I prefer to attend the class, then miss a class.

My husband was very upset that I left my daughter at home, and he had to take care for her.   Daughter is doing well.  She does not need much assistance.  She is able to get up on her own, and she now goes down the stairs.  Slowly but she prefers when her Dad carries her up and down the stairs.  She loves getting all the attention.

I kept calling her, every time I had a break between lessons.  That is the reason, I had a home phone installed this month.  So that she can call me anytime she needs me. 

Like today, I was at the party, outside in  my own backyard.  And she will call my cell phone, to tell me she wanted cake, and not to forget her gift for wearing a costume.

Daughter was at the party for a few hours, then she felt tired and went back inside the house. 

I came in too,  a little after.  I had to prepare my lesson for tomorrow's Faith Formation Class.  We will learning about the 12 Apostles. 

I will be posting more on what I have been teaching the kids this past few week.  We are following a bilingual book, Knowing Your Catholic Faith, Beliefs and Traditions.   published by Loyola Press.

The kids are 3rd to 6th graders.  I only have 5 kids in my class.  This are the kids that have made their First Communion and have decided to continue their Faith Formation.

I am going to bed now.  It is very late.  And Mass is at 8:30 AM.

Good Night

No comments:

Post a Comment