Tuesday, November 2, 2010

From the Archives

This were last year's punkin designs. 




This year we had two punkins too.  I decided to wait until Sunday to buy the punkins because last year we bought them a few weeks before and by halloween night they were already getting spoiled. 

Today Catholics celebrate the all Souls Day.  In Latin America, we say "Dia de los Muertos"
You can read more on this in my post from the archives Here.




Here is my All Saints Feast table.  Notice the big "Divine Mercy"  frame.  It is here in my home, visiting.  A woman lends this to families for a week.  This woman has received many blessings by praying the "Divine Mercy" chaplet and novena.  She now shares this devotion with others by letting families have the "Divine Mercy" in their homes.
 
 
These are the punkins for this year.   I carved both.  I had a little help from my son.  He helped remove all the punkin seeds, that we are going to roast for a treat later.  He also help carve the one in the bottom.  He chose the design. 

Marah chose the design for the top punkin. 

I did not take pictures of the kids costumes.  Marah was a teenage witch.  She wore a witch hat and a cape with her regular clothes.   Julian was Captain Rex from the Star Wars series.  He wore this for two Halloween parties we attended and for the harvest festival at school.  

On Halloween night, Julian wore a long tunic, from an alien costume, but since we did not have the mask he just went trick or treating without one.  Marah went also.  She could not miss the fun.  She knew her brother will not share any candy with her, so she had to go too.

I stayed home to receive the trick or treaters.  I will say about 15 kids came over to our home.  Plus our family kids that totals about 28 kids.   Most of the kids in our neighborhood go to other neighborhoods.  So I am always left with left over candy. 

I will try to visit my aunt at the cemetery today.  She is the only family member in a close by cemetary. My grandparents are in Mexico and my Mother in law.  Those are the only relatives who have passed away in our family.

This is a picture from two years ago.    The ones on the left, are my paternal grandparents.  The ones in the larger frame, are my maternal granparents.  In the smaller frame next to Our lady of Rosary is my aunt Raquel who died of cancer about 26 years ago.   And the one on the end to the right side is my mother in law.  She died in 1993.   I met my husband at the end of 1994, so I did not meet my mother in law.


2 comments:

  1. Gracias por compartir tus tradiciones familiares!! Qué bonito que recuerdan a sus familiares difuntos de esta manera. Es una buena forma de mantener las raices!! Dios te bendiga!!

    ReplyDelete