Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 3 of Recovery

Marah continues to make progress in her recovery, yet they are some concerns. 

One of her lungs is not getting enough air and had become smaller than the other lung.  She needs to do special breathing exercises to help her lung.   All night she did not do this exercises.  She has to blow into a tube and lift a small marker up and down at least five times every two hours.

Another concern is her lack of appetite, she does not want to eat anything.  Thinking she will throw up or it will hurt her throat.   Marah needs to eat to help her in her quick recovery.

My husband is with her at the moment.  He has been very supportive this 3 days, but will return to work tomorrow.  During weekend my Mom and sisters will come to help me.

Son is doing great.  I called him a short while ago to check if he had done his homework.  He said all he needs to do is today's homework, but they are on their way to the park to play.  I will probably take him to the hospital later in the evening to see his sister.  Husband will come home and I will stay with Marah during the night. 

We got to see an image of Marah's xrays after surgery.  Her operations procedure is called scoliosis fusion.  I will take pictures of her probably today or tomorrow.  The swelling of her face has gone down.  There is one huge difference.  Her posture is now straight,  even the lump on her back is less than before.  I say, hardly noticeable with her gown on. 

Doctor says, it will get better as she continues to grow and if she gains a little weight. 

1 comment:

  1. I am glad her recovery is coming along. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of her smiling face.

    How long will she stay in the hospital?

    ReplyDelete