Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Thankful Tuesday
One week after surgery. I finally got to take pictures of Marah. I opted to not take pictures of her in the hospital. I just could not take seeing her all swollen and hooked to the IVs.
Yesterday, I gave her a shower, and brushed her long hair. And she sat on that chair to relax. The pink color is back on her cheeks. She looked so pale and yellowish for days. She grew a few inches. Actually she was stretched out into her actual height. That is why she appears to be taller.
All her younger cousins tell, "Marah you look so tall now!"
Her little brother tends to get on her last nerve. She is very grouchy. A little more than her usual self. LOL
This morning she felt like playing a prank on her Mom. I went into her room to ask her if she needed anything and she opened her eyes wide and talked very goofy. Like if she was loony. I told her, "Oh no all that medicine has made my daughter loony." She started to laugh and said she just wanted to scare me.
So her humor is back too.
Please do continue to hold her in prayer. Surgery incisions tend to get infected, if not cared for properly. I never saw them changing the gauze on the incision at the hospital. There was a little spot of drainage on the top part of her back and I changed the gauze in that area again today. She has felt very warm, I have taken her temperature and it read 99.3 F.
I keep telling her to drink lots of water, to help her not get dehydrated too.
I sure wish we had stayed a few days longer in the hospital. But they were sure she was well and able to return home. She will be having her post operation appointment next week. And the doctor's nurse told me that she does not need physical therapy yet until she is much better perhaps another month.
First week, she should only walk for exercise within the house. Should wait to go up and down stairs for at least a week. Or until she feels stronger to do so. She should not do any bending, twisting or lifting of any items.
What I am thankful for is that Marah has been practically pain free since the pain medication given to her through the IV was taken away. She only complains of discomfort when she gets in and out of bed. But on a scale for 1-10 she will always respond a 2.
I am praying that she will be healed completely inside and out. I trust in my Lord Jesus, that he will hear my prayer. AMEN
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, she looks so beautiful, Rosario. I am praising God with you for this miraculous thing He has done!
ReplyDeleteYes, watch that incision. I got an infection in my scar when I had back surgery so you want to really be careful with that.
Loving all of you,
Dianne
Prayers for Marah. At least, she is home. That is a good step.
ReplyDelete