Last night was one of the hardest ever at the hospital. Marah was very uncomfortable, kept waking me up every 15 minutes for something.
When nurse came in, I ask her if they could give her something. She said they had one medicine for muscle spasms. It is common for patients to have these days after surgery.
The medicine made her sleepy. She was able to sleep for almost an hour after that.
She woke up twice every two hours or so. The nurses usually make their runs every two hours so they kept waking her up.
I got up early to get ready for church.
Husband will take care of daughter while my son and I went to Mass and Faith formation classes.
Mass was so beautiful today, the readings and the Gospel spoke about prayer.
Exodus 17:8-13
Psalm 121
2 Timothy 3:14- 4:2
Luke 18:1-8
I like the reading of 2 Timothy
Beloved:
Remain faithful to what you have learned and believed,
because you know from whom you learned it,
and that from infancy you have known the sacred Scriptures,
which are capable of giving you wisdom for salvation
through faith in Christ Jesus.
All Scripture is inspired by God
and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction,
and for training in righteousness,
so that one who belongs to God may be competent,
equipped for every good work.
I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus,
who will judge the living and the dead,
and by his appearing and his kingly power:
proclaim the word;
be persistent whether it is convenient or inconvenient;
convince, reprimand, encourage through all patience and teaching.
During the prayers of the faithful. The Priest asked the congregation to pray for Marah who was still in hospital.
Mass ended and we stayed for the Faith formation classes. That is when Marah called me and said that Doctor had come by to see her and told her she could leave that afternoon. Her lung was much better now. He credited it to the breathing exercises and her being more active during the day.
But I know that it was God that made this possible. He heard our prayer.
I'm a litlle tired now. I think I better go take a nap.
Oh, praise the Lord, Rosario. I am so thrilled that Marah is home and the lung is doing better. This is just fantastic news. Now you go rest--take care of yourself, dear friend. I love all of you.
ReplyDeleteDianne