Psalm 119
66 Teach me wisdom and knowledge, for in your commands I trust.
71 It was good for me to be afflicted, in order to learn your laws.
125 I am your servant; give me discernment that I may know your decrees.
130 The revelation of your words sheds light, gives understanding to the simple.
2 Timothy 1:7 says, " For God has not given us a spirit of cowardice but rather of power and love and self control.
Reading the word of God is "eye opening" at times. God reveals to us a message through his word.
I had been neglecting "quiet time" in the word this past week. I know that if I read the bible daily, it helps me to keep focus and not easily get distracted. But on those days, I do not read the bible first thing in the morning. I easily get distracted by other things and soon forget completely to spend my time in the word of God.
This past Friday, I ask God to forgive me for not spending time in his word. I also asked him to show me ways that I can be a blessing to others.
Later in the day on Friday. I decided to call a friend and ask her if she would like to see the new catalog of Tupperware product. Somehow the call got disconnected and I was not able to talk to her. A few minutes later she called back. I ask her, how she was doing and she told me she was sad. I sensed it was not a good time to say anything regarding my call.
I asked her why she was sad. She told me that her father was having surgery at that time and that she felt bad because she could not be at the hospital with the rest of her family. I offered to come by her house to spend time with her and we could pray for her father.
In a way God had put this person's name in my mind. If I had decided not to call her, I will probably had missed the chance to be a blessing in someone's life. It also helped me in many ways. I soon as I walked into her house, I saw the above image on her wall. This image is called the "The Divine Mercy"
Jesus appeared to a nun named St. Faustina. He told her that he desired an image to be made of him as he appeared to her. The rays are water and blood flowing from the heart of Jesus. He wants us to know that he is merciful. You can read more on this image on EWTN's website.
I stayed with my friend for almost two hours. She told me she felt so much at peace. I told her to call me anytime she needed anything. I was glad to spend time with her and pray for her father. I told her not to worry that God had everything under control and everything will be fine.
After I left her house, I drove to the kids school, and while I waited for them to come out. I prayed the Divine Mercy chaplet. When I got home, I lighted a candle and asked my children to pray for my friend's father. They know her children well. My friends son is in the same classroom as my daughter's.
Later in the evening, my daughter and I went to church. It was the first day at our parish for the exposition of the Blessed Sacrament. Only four people showed up. Our priest had to leave early. My daughter and I stayed for almost and hour. It was a very peaceful time. The choir director, sang a few songs. And he also guided us in prayer. Our priest also prayed aloud. He asked for the youth in our neighborhood. The kids in gangs. For the parents of this young people.
I prayed silently in my heart. Had so much to ask the Lord. I prayed for my friend's father, my daughter, my relatives. I thanked God for the blessings in my life.
I love spending time with God in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament. I hope that my children will also love to spend time with God and visit him often.

No comments:
Post a Comment