Tuesday, April 12, 2011

More Pictures

I switched my errand day to Tuesday this week.  So I was a litlle busy this morning.  Shopping for things that were needed here at the house.  One item in particular, batteries for my digital camera.  And if I want them to last they have to be lithium.

So I started on a few projects just before my daily workout. 

I wanted to share with you this first picture of the calendar in my kitchen.  I just love the flowers arranged like an umbrella.  A symbol for April showers.  And indeed we did get some at the beginning of this month here in the Bay Area.



Next are some of the areas that need some attention in my home. The desktop area is one zone that tends to gather all sorts of paper clutter.  I need to work on this area to make it less chaotic.


The kids room, is another area that tends to gather clutter.  This is the dressers side.

                                     
Beds are usually done every morning before they leave to school.  But a few days ago, this is how they looked.  Daughter's bed is right next to the wall, where you see all those posters and calendars of her favorite guy.

I will show you nicer pictures tomorrow.  Daughter worked on her side yesterday.  I am hoping they each help in cleaning and organizing their room.  When they do, the room stays clean longer.  For a few days, at least.
I thought of another project in the kitchen from one of the posts shared at A bowl full of Lemons.

Also in Laura's book Clutter Rehab, tip # 17 is to make a bevarage station. 

Right above the counter where my coffee pot lives. And just above the shelf where the coffee mugs are stored. I made a Tea Station. 

I organized some of the teas in clear bins, that I got from IKEA.  The teapot is also on the same shelf and the mugs are just under that shelf.  I got the tea label over at Poppytalk


I had to take a picture of my fruit center.  I just love this wire basket.  I can't remember where I bought it.  I added the vine, to make it more interesting.

This is a calendar from last year, that I still use in my office as wall decor.  Sr. Clare gave it to me.  I love the statements on each page.  The pictures are beautiful.  See, you can reuse calendars.  I like to use them in scrapbooks too.

As you can see, there are still areas in my home that need some attention.  The nice pictures help me to keep motivated and not stop in my goal of creating order and simplicity in my life.  Less time to deal with the clutter will give me more time to spend on things I love doing.  Like reading books, spending time with God in prayer, and spending quality time with my family.

1 comment: