Wednesday, April 6, 2011

7 weeks

My son is making his First Communion on May 22.  I have 7 weeks to get this house clutter free and guest ready.  I also have 6 weeks left on my 60 day exercise workout challenge. 

I did not exercise yesterday, because I was not feeling well.  If you are woman, you will understand when I say its that time of the month.  Today, I was feeling much better, but I had to take son to a doctor's appointment, due to constant nose bleeding.  He went to see his regular doctor, then she referred him to the head and neck specialist for more evaluation. 

I am glad  that this can go away with home remedies.  Son's nose is very dry and irritated, causing his nose to bleed.

Back to the planning of his First Communion celebration.  Since my husband's family and friends attend the same parish, there is two more children in the neighborhood that are making their first communion on the same day as my son.  A comment came up, that if we were going to make the parties together.  At first I thought it will be good to join the other family.  But then I thought of my family, how will they feel?

My mother and sister, have lot of ideas in mind for the decorations.  There are a lot of other issues to consider.  Perhaps their guests will not want to come to our house.

 I thought about it for a long time, and I think its best if we made or receptions separate.  My husband's says that his family will not come to our party because they will go to the other.  My impulse was to say, that was their choice, and I did not mind.  In reality I don't.  We are always trying to please his family, and no matter what we do they are never pleased.  So I'm not going to worry about it any longer.

I want to be at peace with my decision.  I know that the important thing about this day is the Mass celebration.  This is a very special day for my son.  And I want to focus on that and not worry about anything else.


I am going to start a home organization project.  Each week, I will try to focus on a particular area of my home.  My goal is to remove all the clutter that accumulates in this areas.  The attic is a number one priority.  I  have already donated two boxes of toys, a play kitchen, toy storage cabinet, and clothes to the Christian Church I attended in the past.  It is a great church that does lots of community outreach events, and has a wonderful Missions ministry.  I am sure they will make well use of these items.

The problem areas in my house are:  Kitchen, Home Office, Kids rooms, Laundry room, and the Attic. This are the areas where cluttered tends to accumulate in a blink of an eye.





The rooms that are more under control are the Living room, Master Bedroom, and the bathroom.  I can easily     clean this rooms in less than 15 minutes.


I will try to post an update of my achievements for each week on Fridays.   This week, I am working in home office.

No comments:

Post a Comment